Quarterly Progress Summary
On March 1st we published nearly a thousand pages and letters on wilfordwoodruffpapers.org, including:
- 800 journal pages written between 1860 and 1872 highlighting challenges faced during this intense period of history including the American Civil War and the beginning of federal legislation against the Church and its members.
- 40 letters detailing Wilford's missionary labors in the 1830s and his call as an apostle; and 50 letters regarding missionary calls extended in the 1890s.
- Previously untranscribed drafts of Wilford’s autobiographies detailing political, personal, and spiritual events.
- Wilford's incredible History of Zion's Camp, his record of compiled revelations, and his 1845 Notes on the Five Orders of Masonry, among others.
- Additional biographies of the individuals Wilford Woodruff interacted with … see if your relative is among them!
- Identification of more than 1,800 locations mentioned by Wilford, from St. Paul's Cathedral to the Salt Lake Tabernacle.
Here's an excerpt from one document: June 16, 1877 ~ When Wilford Woodruff was serving as the President of the St. George Temple in 1877, he recorded that his son Brigham Young Woodruff drowned in Bear River. Reflecting on his son’s death President Woodruff wrote, “He had received his Endowments. I have felt calm, composed, and reconciled in this bereavement. I have thought that as I was doing so much for the dead here in the Temple in St George, that it might be necessary to have one of the family in the spirit world.” -- by Ellie Hancock, Editorial Assistant
|SEE FULL PROGRESS UPDATE|
"O Warren": When Wilford Woodruff Lost His Best Friend to Apostasy
Wilford Woodruff's YSA Years
By Jordan Woodruff Clements, Board Chair
Wilford Woodruff’s experiences, when contrasted with the experiences of his older brother Azmon, and his missionary companion Warren Parrish, provide an interesting case study for those seeking to understand what actions and attitudes will sustain the faith of a young adult or any new convert. . .
This Is The Place
Video by James Dalrymple
"This is an important day in the History of my life and the History of the Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter Day Saints. On this important day . . . we came in full view of the . . . land of promise held in reserve by the hand of GOD for a resting place for the Saints upon which a portion of the Zion of GOD will be built. . . . President Young expressed his full satisfaction . . .
Who is Wilford Woodruff to You?
|CALL FOR PAPERS|
Our Giving Community
|JOIN THE GIVING COMMUNITY|
Public Relations Intern
Public Relations Intern
Join Our Team
We are looking for new interns to join our Editorial, Research, Public Relations, Website, and Content Teams to help us successfully accomplish our mission. Good candidate backgrounds include: Editing, Marketing, Family History, Computer Science, Marketing, and Public Relations. If you or someone you know is interested in applying to become a Sorenson Legacy Foundation Intern, please visit our internship page.
|APPLY FOR INTERNSHIP|
March 1st marked the 215th birthday anniversary of Wilford Woodruff and the second anniversary of the Wilford Woodruff Papers Foundation. The milestones were celebrated with a plaza party at Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah, and a devotional presentation by historian and scholar Steven C. Harper to descendants of Wilford Woodruff.
Wilford Woodruff Papers Project